By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, December 08, 2006
After weeks of speculation, the release date of the Big B starrer Zamaanat has finally been fixed: 5th January, 2007. "Yes, that's the date we have confirmed now," veteran S. Raamanathan, its maker, tells me. It means, the year 2007 will commence with the Big B starrer. Also releasing alongside is UTV and Vishal Bhardwaj's The Blue Umbrella.
Meanwhile, the last releases of 2006 are Risk and I See You, both K Sera Sera productions. "Both are different films in terms of genre. Risk is an action film, while I See You is a love story. Both can co-exist in one week," Komesh Rohira [C.O.O., K Sera Sera] informs me.
A few more producers have confirmed the release dates...
- Salaam-E-Ishq, which was supposed to release on Wednesday [24th January], will now release on Thursday, 25th January;
- Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani's Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. is confirmed for 2nd February. Also slated for release on this date are Madhur Bhandarkar's Traffic Signal and Subhash Ghai's Good Boy Bad Boy;
- Also confirmed in February are two Big B starrers, Nishabd and Cheeni Kum and the much-in-news Black Friday;
- Two films will clash in the Valentine's Day weekend - Namastey London and Shakalaka Boom Boom;
- Aishwarya Rai's third international project Provoked will be released simultaneously in U.K., U.S.A. and India on 23rd February;
- Multi-starrer Cash, which was slated for release in February, is now scheduled for March;
- No Entry director Anees Bazmee's next multi-starrer Welcome is confirmed for May;
- The Deol family [Dharmendra, Sunny, Bobby] will strike back with Anil Sharma's Apne, also in May;
- UTV has 3 major releases in the first quarter. Anurag Basu's Metro releases on Feb 16 while Milan Luthria's Hat Trick and Mira Nair's Namesake will come in March;
- PNC's Just Married (earlier titled Baat Pakki) directed by Meghna Gulzar will release in February;
- Ramanand Sagar's grandson Amrit Sagar will make his directorial debut with '1971' that releases on 16 March.