WHAT WE HAVE HERE: Picture of Manisha Koirala's private wedding to businessman Samrat Dahal and the reception thereafter.
B-TOWN SE KAUN THA? Jackie Shroff, Vivek Mushran (Manya's first co-star; in Saudagar), Deepti Naval, Sahara's Subroto Roy, actress Suman Ranganathan, and designers Ana Singh and Shaahid Aamir were all in attendance.
MEHENDI WAS AT: Manisha's home in Kathmandu
WEDDING SOLEMNISED AT: The Gokarna Forest Resort in Nepal
EAT UP! Charcoal pork, papaya salad and spicy peanuts.
NOTES ON A WEDDING
Shaahid, who has known the actress for years, reveals:
- It was a nostalgic and beautiful time for Manisha and us.
- I have seen Manisha so happy after such a long time. She was glowing with joy.
- The wedding was completely traditional and a lengthy one. All the way from 9 am to 4.30 pm.
- It was so hot that Manisha almost fainted twice.
- After the reception, we partied on the fifth floor of the Soaltee Hotel, Kathmandu (where the reception was held) at 4 am.
- There were speeches. After the bidaai, we were all choked with emotion.
- The king and queen of Nepal attended the reception.
- At the mehendi function, Manya wore a chiffon layered orange and pink churidar in brocade with pink and orange Swarovski crystals designed by Shaahid.
- For the wedding ceremony she wore an outfit were designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
- Her reception sari was designed by designer Ana Singh. It was blue with heavy zardozi work.
For the guest list, the venues, khaane mein kya tha, what Manisha Koirala wore and more, read on...