WHAT WE HAVE HERE: Picture of Manisha Koirala's private wedding to businessman Samrat Dahal and the reception thereafter.
B-TOWN SE KAUN THA? Jackie Shroff, Vivek Mushran (Manya's first co-star; in Saudagar), Deepti Naval, Sahara's Subroto Roy, actress Suman Ranganathan, and designers Ana Singh and Shaahid Aamir were all in attendance.
MEHENDI WAS AT: Manisha's home in Kathmandu
WEDDING SOLEMNISED AT: The Gokarna Forest Resort in Nepal
EAT UP! Charcoal pork, papaya salad and spicy peanuts.
NOTES ON A WEDDING
Shaahid, who has known the actress for years, reveals:
- It was a nostalgic and beautiful time for Manisha and us.
- I have seen Manisha so happy after such a long time. She was glowing with joy.
- The wedding was completely traditional and a lengthy one. All the way from 9 am to 4.30 pm.
- It was so hot that Manisha almost fainted twice.
- After the reception, we partied on the fifth floor of the Soaltee Hotel, Kathmandu (where the reception was held) at 4 am.
- There were speeches. After the bidaai, we were all choked with emotion.
- The king and queen of Nepal attended the reception.
- At the mehendi function, Manya wore a chiffon layered orange and pink churidar in brocade with pink and orange Swarovski crystals designed by Shaahid.
- For the wedding ceremony she wore an outfit were designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
- Her reception sari was designed by designer Ana Singh. It was blue with heavy zardozi work.