Khan was born to a Pathan on this day in the capital. Since, he doesn't hail from any filmy background, it is said that he had a long struggle to achieve this stardom and success. We are here to treat all the SRK fans with some interesting and unknown facts about their favourite star:
1) Khan's first starring role was in Lekh Tandon's television series Dil Dariya, but due to production delays, the 1988 television series, Fauji was his television debut. He played the leading role of Commando Abhimanyu Rai in the critically acclaimed show, which earned him mass recognition.
2) Shahrukh Khan is half Pathan (father) and half Hyderabadi (mom).
3) Khan attended St Columba's School where he was accomplished in sports, drama and academics. He won the Sword of Honour, an annual award given to the student who best represents the spirit of the school.
4) SRK's least favourite subject was Hindi. His mother struck a deal with him - if he scored the highest in Hindi, she would take him for a Hindi movie. SRK did, and his mother took him for Dev Anand's Joshila.
5) During his struggling days, SRK ran a restaurant in Darya Ganj in Delhi.
6) SRK was one of the first actors to endorse in consumer goods, thereby bringing in respectability to the world of celebrity advertisements, and opening the doors for other stars.
7) His favourite phrase is 'Let's do it'.
8) Khan suffered a spine injury while doing one of the action sequences for the film Shakti.
9) Khan is known for keeping a low profile and secrecy on his social commitments and Humanitarian work.
10) During his busy schedule, SRK manages with only 5 hours of sleep.