The war between Shahrukh Khan's untitled film and
Devgn's Son Of Sardar has escalated. Both the movies
are scheduled for November 14 release. It was reported earlier that
the distributors of Shahrukh Khan's film had been told to book the
same number of screens for the movie as for Salman Khan's Ek
Tha Tiger. Now, the distribution officials from Eros
International and Viacom 18 have started making threatening calls
to multiplex owners, telling them to bypass the deal struck with
A source told a leading daily, "We have been told to give
priority to Son of Sardar in our multiplexes and remove
the blanket ban else...We are yet to arrive at a decision on what
to do and what not to do."
The source further added, "One fails to understand why Ajay is
hell bent on releasing his film on the same day as Yash Chopra's
film. Releasing the film during Diwali does not necessarily help.
Ajay's Singham did so well despite hitting the theatres
during the non-festive season. Or then, Yash Raj should shift the
date. This war is no good for the industry."
Well, let's see who wins the war at the Box Office!