Subscribe to Filmibeat
After two back to back shows that met with a fantabulous response (and in the process tired all the stars), it was a day for some relaxation. Since 'The Unforgettable Tour' moves to LA from Trinidad (with the next show being scheduled for 26th July), it gave a 3 days break for everyone to chill out!
- Bachchans along with Riteish Deshmukh and Preity Zinta left for LA earlier than Vishal and Shekhar. They caught on the afternoon flight from Trinidad to LA via Miami and reached late in the night. Even though it was a day which involved some extensive traveling, it was still better than the aggressive show of which they were all a part of in the nights before. However, for the next couple of days, they are looking at chilling out in the city of LA before hitting the stage once again on 26th July.
- Meanwhile, Vishal (who is also accompanied by his wife) and Shekhar made the best use of the time available. They, along with some of the key members from the band, decided to stay on for an extra day in Trinidad and in the process explore the city.
- After catching up with some well deserved rest, Vishal and Shekhar went out in the local market and tried out some delicacies. Since it was a local market with quite a few individuals there belonging to Indian origin, it was a homely environment for everyone involved. Locals knew the composer duo everywhere they went and demonstrated their awareness about Hindi songs by singing a few lines. This was surprising though since from the language perspective, not many actually understand a word of Hindi!
- Once a musician, always a musician. It was irresistible for them not to pick up some 'desi' Trinidad music. Soon there was a huge collection of 'soca' music which was added to their bags. What is 'soca' music? Well, it is just like calypso music, though on speed with some high energy thrown in. Sounding quite cool with a unique flavor to it, the music has enthralled the composers. Would they be adding on this sound in one of their upcoming soundtracks? Well, let's wait to hear more about that!
- Talking about the music, apparently SaReGaMa is one of the most popular Indian shows out there in Trinidad. It has been widely observed that no one misses a single episode of the reality music show and it is almost a ritual for the locals to be seated in front of the TV screens the moment curtains are off the show!
- After coming back to hotel at 4 PM, it was time to hit the pool. Though it seemed fun till 7 PM, exhaustion set in by the time everyone had their dinner and were ready to hit the bed. It was time to stretch legs once again since everyone is required to catch a flight next day afternoon to LA!
- Talking about dinner, the stars were treated to an Indian restaurant by the name of 'Apsara'. True to its name, the restaurant did boast of beautiful ambience and layout. Touted as one of the better Indian restaurants in Western hemisphere, its food reminded everyone of the flavor available in Mumbai or Delhi. It tasted even more delicious since it was after a long wait of 5 days that stars could dig their teeth into something Indian!
- Meanwhile Shekhar was busy fighting flu! Though he was running temperature for last couple of days, he was brave enough to hit the stage and come up with a rollicking performance. Even as it seemed that the exhaustion would get the better of him, he didn't take a step back at any juncture and made sure that flu wasn't given any undue importance.
- Last one heard, Shekhar was getting better. And why not? After all there is a screening of The Dark Knight awaiting the entire cast of 'Unforgettable'. Tomorrow, all of them would be chilling out by getting together for the screening of this 'Batman' flick which is breaking records all over. Close to 25 people (including all the celebrities) are expected to get together in a huddle and cheer along the superhero who has already taken the world by a storm!
Well, even though the superhero may be creating quite some euphoria worldwide, the streets of LA are expected to be set ablaze the moment 'The Unforgettable Tour' hits the city! Stay tuned!