Mumbai: Ranbir-Priyanka-Ileana starrer Barfi
has been selected as India's entry for Oscars. The film, directed
by Anurag Basu was chosen from the 20 entries sent from the
Speaking about his film being selected into Oscars, its lead
actor Ranbir Kapoor said, "We all are very happy.... It is a team
effort but we should not be that excited as the film just got an
entry from India. He further added, "We are yet to be selected for
the main entry. If the film gets a go ahead, we would take advice
from Aamir (Khan) about how to go ahead."
When asked about Barfi's box office collections, Ranbir
said, "The film has earned about Rs. 60 crore. It feels great....
We have reached so many people, touched so many hearts. Why only
Rs.100 crore, everyone makes that mark. I would target for Rs.
L Suresh from South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce said that a
lot of thought had gone before making the final decision, but most
members voted for Barfi.
Till now only three films (Mehboob Khan's Mother India,
Mira Nair's Salam Bombay and Aamir Khan's Lagaan)
from India have managed to get to the final round of Oscar
nominations so far.
The 85th Academy Awards will take place on February 24,