Rajesh Khanna's original name was Jatin Khanna and he used to live with his foster parents in Mumbai. Later his uncle suggested him to change his name to Rajesh for movies.
2. His journey to stardum started when Rajesh Khanna won the talent hunt contest organised by Filmfare and United Producers in 1965.
3. The term 'superstar' was specially coined to describe his god like status. After giving blockbuster like Aaradhna, critics started calling him the first superstar of Indian cinema.
4. When Rajesh Khanna was at the zenith of his career, a textbook prescribed by Bombay University contained an essay on him which titled 'The Charisma of Rajesh Khanna'.
5. Amitabh Bachchan had once said about Rajesh Khanna, "I got famous purely because I was working with Rajesh Khanna in 'Anand'. People asked me questions like, 'How is he to look at? What does he do?'"
6. Rajesh Khanna dated actress Anju Mahendru for almost seven years. They broke up in 1972.
7. Rajesh Khanna married Dimple Kapadia, who was 15 years younger to him, 8 months before her debut film Bobby released. Dimple Kapadia was a huge fan of Rajesh Khanna at that time.
8. Rajesh Khanna gave popular writer duo Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar their first break as screenwriters in his famous film Haathi Mere Saathi.
9. Shekhar Kapur offered Mr India to Rajesh Khanna initially, but he declined the offer by saying that he couldn't relate to the invisible character of the hero.
10. Rajesh Khanna's current home 'Aashirwad' was earlier called 'Dimple'. He bought this home from yesteryear actor late Rajendra Kumar.