Phantom movie directed by Kabir Khan found itself in a host of controversies owing to the Pakistan Censor Board banning it! Saif Ali Khan's comments on the issue led to his movies getting banned in the country forever. Film reviewer Kiaara ended up giving the movie 0 rating out of 5, claiming it to be a same old story. So is Phantom really a same old story or is it an edgy tale which keeps you at the edge of your seats? Time to find out, read the movie review.
Cast: Saif Ali Khan, Katrina Kaif
Director: Kabir Khan
Phantom is based on the book Mumbai Avengers written by Hussain Zaidi which talks about the events post 26/11 Mumbai attacks with fictional stories that should have happened. The movie starts with the real footage of 26/11 post which, Jude aka Daniyal Khan, (Saif Ali Khan) an army officer is seen killing a man and getting arrested by the police since he had left behind his team causing them to be dead.
Fast forwarding to the present scenario, when years later, RAW decides to arrest all the people responsible for the attacks. They approach Jude to help them in this mission and in return promise to clear his bad reputation and get a good name in the Indian army.
Nawaz Mistry (Katrina Kaif) plays the role of a former RAW agent who is now a counsellor and supplies arms to refugee camps. She helps Jude in his mission and identify all the culprits behind the attacks.
- Saif Ali Khan's performance as an ex-army officer on a mission is really good, after Omkara this is probably his best performance and his fans will surely enjoy.
- Kabir Khan's direction is on par, after Bajrangi Bhaijaan, he is really on a roll.
- Action scenes are shot really well, believable combat scenes except for a few Kabir Khan exaggeration.
- The main positive aspect of the film is the fast paced storyline which keeps you hooked and the edge of your seats and doesn't waster any time in dillydallying. To the point crisp narration is the USP of the movie.
- The background score is also great, keeping in tab with the pace of the film.
Katrina Kaif is the only let down in the film when it comes to actors' performances. She is not seen mouthing much dialogues and her performance is average and could have been better.
The unexpected twists and turns in the plot with no dull moments makes Phantom movie a gripping watch. Book your tickets asap!