1) His full name is Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio.
2) He is named after the artist Leonardo da Vinci, as his pregnant mother was standing in front of a da Vinci painting the first time she felt him kick.
3) His parents divorced when he was still a toddler. DiCaprio was mostly raised by his mother, a legal secretary born in Germany.
4) In 1998, he donated a room full of computers and equipment to the new Los Feliz Library, built on the site of his childhood home.
5) His father was a comic book dealer.
6) In 1998 he was chosen by People Magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World".
7) He dated Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen between 2002-2005.
8) One of his closest friends is Mark Wahlberg.
9) The Shining and Taxi Driver are among his favorite movies.
10) Leo owns a giant pet tortoise.