Tuesday, November 21, 2006
The Tom Cruise - Katie Holmes wedding has created its own chaos and has given the tabloids a lot to talk about. First of all, their wedding caused havoc in the town it was held in,Odescalchi Castle-Bracciano, Italy. The city authorities had pushed in many more policemen than usual and also had installed spare moveable public bathrooms. To extend appreciation for the public glare that the town came under ever since, the mayor of the town, Patrizia Riccioni, was to offer the happily married couple honorary citizenship of the town. But their refusal to thank the town and its citizens for their cooperation spurned the withdrawal of the mayors honorary citizenship offer. The Mayor was not the only one against the wedding. An Italian priest of a nearby church, Nicola Fiorentini by name, rang his church bells right through the process of the wedding ceremony in protest of the uncatholic way in which it was done.
Controversy apart, the couples weddings portrait released after the wedding spurned rumours that Katie's height was "forged" because Katie seemed to be two inchers taller than her husband. As of now, they are happily honeymoning in the Maldives. Here we present the finer details of their wedding:
1. The castle which they got married in was once lived in by the Pope - it cost them a mind boggling 2 million euros (around 2.5 million dollars).
2. The garments(Katie's wedding dress was made of lace) and shoes(ivory silk) were courtesy Giorgio Armani.
3. The reception gown worn by Holmes was a exquisite silk organza dress with Swarovski crystal beads on them
4. Holmes danced with father to "What A Wonderful World" and with now hubby Tom to "Songbird".
5. The cake had five tiers. It was made of white choclate, decorated with marzipan roses and had choclate chips all over it.
6. Italian singer Andrea Bocelli entertained the crowd.
Wedding pictures of Tom Cruise
Jolie gaurds accused of derogatory remarks
Clooney sexiest man again