»   »   » Ledger was trying to sleep with pills

Ledger was trying to sleep with pills

Subscribe to Filmibeat
Heath Ledger
Melbourne (ANI): Aussie actor Heath Ledger, who died at the age of 28 on Jan 22, may have been taking the 'dangerous" sleeping pills Stlinox. Called Ambien in the US, the pill has been embroiled in a controversy in Australia where hundreds of people have reported bizarre and potentially dangerous reactions. According to the AAP, around 500 people last year described that described strange behaviours that ranged from walking, crashing cars, having sex and falling from balconies after taking the pill, reports News.com.au.

In November 2007, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) was worried enough to reduce pack sizes and update its warnings on the drug. The packets stated that the pill had "worrying and potentially dangerous adverse effects", the most serious of which included "rage reactions, worsened insomnia, confusion, agitation, hallucinations and other forms of unwanted behaviour".

A spokeswoman for Australian distributor of Stilnox, Sanofi-Aventis, refused to comment on speculation about the drug's involvement in the actor"s shock death. "We're have absolutely no comment to make with regard to speculation that's being reported in the media," the AAP quoted the spokeswoman, as saying. The Oscar nominated actor was declared dead after being found in his apartment in New York by a housekeeper.

Read more about: heath ledger
Please Wait while comments are loading...

Hollywood Photos