London (ANI): Sarah Palin's growth from being Alaska governor to Republican vice-presidential nominee may be a perfect material for a Hollywood film story but opinion is divided about which actress would best be suited to the role.
Now, a string of names - including stars of films and television series that have succeeded on both sides of the Atlantic - have been suggested, but no consensus seems to have emerged, reports the Telegraph.
The 10 strongest candidates are:
1. Megan Mullally, who is known for playing pill-popping, dirty-minded Karen Walker in the sitcom 'Will&Grace'
2) Geena Davis, who is famous for playing America''s first woman president in the television drama 'Commander in Chief'
3) Tina Fey, famous for writing and appearing on legendary US sketch show Night Live
4) Sandra Bullock, who has delivered a string of Hollywood blockbusters including Speed, Miss Congeniality and Crash.
5) Diane Keaton, who won the best actress Oscar for her role in the 1977 Woody Allen film Annie Hall
6) Mariska Hargitay, famous for becoming the highest paid TV actress working in America for her part in drama 'Law&Order'
7) Katy Hill, known for hosting 'Blue Peter', and publicly declaring that she never had sex before her marriage
8) Lorraine Bracco, who played mafia psychiatrist Dr Jennifer Melfi in The Sopranos.
9) Nia Vardalos, who played the lead role in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and the less successful TV spin-off 'My Big Fat Greek Life'
10) Jennifer Aniston, well acclaimed for playing Rachel Green in long-running sitcom Friends, and the failure of her marriage to Brad Pitt