Washington (ANI): Dream Works big-budget film 'Tropic Thunder' held on to the box office crown for the second weekend in a row, with an estimated 16.1 million dollars. According to studio estimates, 'Tropic Thunder" beat out the campus comedy 'The House Bunny,' which came second after earning 15.1 million dollars.
'Death Race' debuted at number three with 12.4 million dollars over the weekend, reports E! Online. Hollywood's biggest success this summer, Warner Bros. Batman sequel 'The Dark Knight' slipped to fourth with 10.3 million dollars. Rounding off the top five was 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', which raked in 5.7 million dollars over the weekend.
The top ten movies at the box office are:
1. Tropic Thunder, $16.1 million
2. The House Bunny, $15.1 million
3. Death Race, $12.4 million
4. The Dark Knight, $10.3 million
5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars, $5.7 million
6. Pineapple Express, $5.6 million
7. Mirrors, $4.9 million
8. The Longshots, $4.3 million
9. Mamma Mia! $4.3 million
10. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, $4 million