Washington (ANI): If reports are to be believed, Hollywood actress Charlize Theron spent four nights in a Los Angeles hospital last week after contracting a painful stomach virus. According to a U.S. tabloid report, the Monster star suffered severe abdominal pains, which she attributed to food poisoning, reports Contactmusic.
Her boyfriend Stuart Townsend took her to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to seek treatment after the pain failed to go away. National Enquirer reports that doctors conducted a series of tests on the actress and diagnosed her with a serious virus. Townsend was left shaken by Theron's health scare.
He reportedly told pals, "I was scared to death. I had no idea what was happening to her, but this is a woman who never complains, so I knew it had to be serious." The publication also claims that Theron was discharged from hospital after being given a series of antibiotics and she has now recovered.