Washington, May 18 (ANI): Tom Hanks' Angels and Demons topped the weekend box office after raking in 48 million dollars. According to studio estimates, the new Star Trek movie came second after pocketing 43 million dollars, reports E! Online. Hugh Jackman's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' landed the third spot with 14.8 million dollars.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - starring Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Michael Douglas - came fourth after earning 6.9 million dollars. Obsessed rounded off the top five with 4.6 million dollars.
The weekend's top-grossing films are:
1. Angels and Demons, $48 million
2. Star Trek, $43 million
3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, $14.8 million
4. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, $6.9 million
5. Obsessed, $4.6 million
6. 17 Again, $3.4 million
7. Monsters vs Aliens, $3 million
8. The Soloist, $2.4 million
9. Next Day Air, $2.3 million
10. Earth, $1.7 million