Captain America: The First Avenger, which is made with a budget of $140 million, has raked in a total of $65.8 million at the North American Box Office in its first three days. The movie attracted male moviegoers (64%) over the age of 25 (58%). Its opening collection has become the 48th largest opening for a comic book adapted film and it is on par with the previous superhero movies like Thor ($65.7 million) and X-Men: First Class ($55.1 million).
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 has now been pushed down from the top to the runner-up position in the second weekend. The last installment of the series has settled at the second place with $48.1 million. Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis starrer romantic comedy Friends with Benefits, which released on July 22, has landed at No. 3 with $18.5 million.
The following is the list of top ten movies in the Box Office chart:
- Captain America: The First Avenger - $65.8 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $48.1 million
- Friends with Benefits - $18.5 million
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $12 million
- Horrible Bosses - $11.7 million
- Zookeeper - $8.7 million
- Cars 2 - $5.7 million
- Winnie the Pooh - $5.1 million
- Bad Teacher - $2.6 million
- Midnight in Paris - $1.9 million