- The Burrow took about 14 weeks with eight model makers to make.
- It took 14 weeks to make the Burrow miniature and just six minutes to burn down!
- The Burrow is over 20 feet high at a scale of 1:3.
- The Burrow model had to match the full size set exactly, so everything was replicated, including leaded light windows, curtains and the all of the various set dressing.
- The miniature version of Hogsmeade had over 20 shop windows filled with tiny window dressing.
- Hogsmeade was 42 x 24 x 8 ft high at a scale of 1:16.
- The full-sized version of Hogsmeade built for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was based on the miniature version created for previous films.
- Hogwarts was 60 x 50 x 30 ft high. A scale of 1:24
- The original version took about seven months to create with 40 people working on it. The miniature has been updated over the years due to story requirements.
- Each of these updates has taken approximately 3-4 months with about 20 model makers.
Story first published: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 10:52 [IST]