Jordan has been living in terror of being kidnapped after cops warned that a gang who have targeted the homes of the rich and famous had her on their hit list. The alert, following a spate of violent raids at top footballers" houses over the past few years, was revealed based on specific intelligence. Jordan told friends on Sunday how she was forced to draft in five security guards who worked 24/7 to make sure she and her family were safe.
Police told her that the threat was solely against her, not the children, and she was later delighted when they confirmed the high alert had been reduced. But for two terrifying weeks she lived under the constant threat of attack, with police stepping up patrols around her house to protect her. A friend of the star said she was frightened the matter would cause an issue over her children with ex-husband Peter Andre, 37, if it was revealed.
The scare came as tensions between Jordan and Andre bubbled over when Princess, 3, suffered a small burn while holidaying with her in Switzerland. She was also trying to boot husband Alex Reid out of the house at the time. “It was hell for her. She couldn"t tell anyone of the threats, least of all Pete. She was so scared he would try to take the children away, especially the way he was acting at the time over Princess"s burn," said the friend.
“It might have been irrational of her to think that but that was the way poor Kate was feeling. She felt completely isolated," she added. “She employed a top-flight security team and had guards at the house every hour of the day and night. Katie wanted to go to the ends of the Earth to make sure her kids were OK," said the friend.
Buy Movie Tickets
Receive FREE Movie News & Gupshup
In Your Inbox
In Your Inbox