Distributor Disney says that the fourth Pirates sequel"s has beaten the record of 2007"s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World"s End by nearly 20% in the opening week. This happens to be the biggest-grossing offshore debut of all time. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is doing very well in countries like Russia, Latin America, the Middle East, Norway, Turkey, the Ukraine, China, Czech Republic, Croatia, India and South Africa.
However, Bridesmaids has landed in second position with its collection reaching $21.1 million, while Thor, Fast Five and Rio, which had ruled US Box Office for a few weeks, landed in third, fourth and fifth spots respectively.
The following are the Top Ten movies in the US Box Office
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $90.1 million
2. Bridesmaids - $21.1 million
3. Thor - $15.5 million
4. Fast Five - $10.6 million
5. Rio - $4.7 million
6. Priest - $4.6 million
7. Jumping the Broom - $3.7 million
8. Something Borrowed - $3.4 million
9. Water For Elephants - $2.2 million
10. Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family - $990,000