Subscribe to Filmibeat
Gaja grabs the No.1 spot, beating popular films like Galipata and Bindaas. A surprise hit from a movie featuring newcomers in Nanda Nanditha…
The top five Kannada films are:
1. Gaja: Steady performance over 11 weeks sees Gaja on the top of the heap. Melodious tunes composed by Hari Krishna also sees the music album at the top of the music charts. Aithalakadi, Maathu Nannolu, and Bangaari Yaare Nee Bulbul are very catchy.
2. Bindaas: A sustained run in major centres such as Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli and Davanagere hasn"t been matched by its performance in other centres where the collections have come down. This week the Puneet Rajkumar-starrer is in second place.
3. Galipata: 50 days overall in 30 centres, but will this Ganesh-starrer meet the 100-day mark? The collections are weak, so this one may not turn out to be a big hit as the earlier ones. Hari Krishna has scored the music for this film. 'Minchaagi Neenu Baralu' rendered by Sonu Nigam is the cream choice.
4. Nanda Nanditha: Yogeesh is into his second film here. His portrayal of 'Loose Mada' in his debut Duniya directed by Soori had gone down well with the audience. Music director Emil, a former assistant of Malayalam composer Jessie Gift, has scored the hit music for this film.
5. Aa Dinagalu: A hit in major centres but a poor performer in B and C centres, this debut film by director Chaithanya is doing well.