Mammootty (Muhammadkutty Ismail Panaparambil), born on 7 September 1951 is undoubtedly one of the most loved and respected actors in Malayalam cinema. He along with superstar Mohanlal has ruled the hearts of Malayali cinema goers for more than three decades.
You think you are a die-hard fan of Mammootty? Well, then you must know this....
1) Mammootty, who has acted in more than 360 films is also known to have appeared in the highest number of dual roles (nine) in Malayalam films.
2) Mammooka has been awarded the National Film Award for Best Actor three times, a record he shares with Amitabh Bachchan and Kamal Hassan.
3) Vanitha magazine rated Mammootty as the actor with the highest sex appeal in Kerala, following a survey among its readers.
Mammootty With Wife Sulfath
Mammooka married Sulfath in 1980 and has a daughter, Surumi (born in 1982) and a son, Dulquer Salman (born in 1986).
Mamootty With Family
The actor is known to be deeply religious family man. He loves to read and spend time with his family. Mammootty has two children - Surumi and Dulquar Salman.
Mammootty's Son Dulquar Salman's Wedding Snaps
Mammootty's son Dulquar Salman married architect Amal Sufiya on December 22nd. Here, Mammooty is seen with the newly married couple along with wife Sulfath.
Mammootty With Best Friend Mohanlal
Mammootty and Mohanlal are not just career rivals, but are very good friends too. The two have starred in many films together and have ruled Mollywood industry for almost 30 years!
4) Mammootty is Chairman of Malayalam Communications, run by the Communist Party of India (Marxist) controlled Malayalam TV channels - Kairali TV, People TV and WE TV.
5) Mammooka's father Ismail was a farmer and his mother Fatima was a homemaker.
6) Mammootty did his Pre-University course (pre-degree) at Maharajas College, Kochi, and then graduated with a LLB (Bachelor of Laws) from Ernakulam Government Law College.
Have we helped you in knowing your favourite Mammooka better? Do you think you have more facts about Mammooty to share with us? Write in the comment box below and share your thoughts with us...