Washington (ANI): American Idol finalist Chris Doughtry"s band Daughtry has been named Top-selling Artist of 2007, with their self-titled debut album selling 3.2 million copies. Second on the list of top selling artists was Akon, whose Konvicted sold 2.7 million copies during the year.
Fergie claimed the third position on the back of the sales of 2.4 million copies of The Dutchess, while the Hannah Montana soundtrack came in fourth with 2.5 million copies. Wrapping up the top five on Billboard"s list was Carrie Underwood, whose album Some Hearts sold 2.3 million records.
Beyonce Knowles" Irreplaceable was number one on the list of top singles of the year, followed by Rihanna's Umbrella, reports usmagazine.com. The Police's reunion tour was named the top tour of the year, grossing at least 212 million dollars.
Top-Selling Artist of 2007:
- Daughtry, with 3.2 million copies
- Akon, Konvicted, with 2.7 million copies
- Fergie, The Dutchess, with 2.4 million copies
- The Hannah Montana soundtrack, with 2.5 million copies
- Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts, with 2.3 million