» Elvis Presley is the 'Biggest Earning Dead Celebrity'
Elvis Presley is the 'Biggest Earning Dead Celebrity'
Subscribe to Filmibeat
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Washington, (ANI): Rock legend Elvis Presley has reclaimed the
title of the 'Biggest Earning Dead Celebrity," on Forbes magazine"s
seventh annual list. After a two-year absence from the top spot,
the 'Jailhouse Rock" hitmaker made to the number one position with
earnings of 58 million dollars during 2007, ousting Nirvana
frontman Kurt Cobain who had beaten him last year.
Other late stars included were former Beatles John Lennon,
pocketing 44 million dollars, Charles M. Schulz with 35 million
dollars and George Harrison earning 22 million dollars at second,
third and fourth position respectively. Albert Einstein bagged the
fifth position with 18 million dollars, while sixth place went to
Andy Warhol earning15 million dollars, reports E!Online.
Dr. Seuss a.k.a Theodor Geisel landed the seventh place with 15
million dollars and Tupac Shakur was ranked eight for earning 9
million dollars. The top ten 'Biggest Earning Dead Celebrities"
1. Elvis Presley - 58 million dollars
2. John Lennon - 44 million dollars
3. Charles M. Schulz - 35 million dollars
4. George Harrison - 22 million dollars
5. Albert Einstein - 18 million dollars
6. Andy Warhol - 15 million dollars
7. Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel) - 15 million dollars
8. Tupac Shakur - 9 million dollars
9. Marilyn Monroe - 7 million dollars
10. Steve MCQueen - 6 million dollars