The King of Pop, who last toured in 1996, was due to kick start his much-awaited 50-show run at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena on July 8. But the opening night of his This Is It tour was pushed to July 13, while three other gigs, previously slated for July 10, 12 and 14, will not be staged until March next year.
The delay sparked speculations, with some suggesting the singer is at the verge of financial ruin. But Randy Phillips, president of promoters AEG Live, insisted Jackson's three children, Prince, 12, Paris, 11 and Prince Michael Jackson II, also known as Blanket, six, are his muses for the comeback.
"When I asked him why he was doing this tour now, he said it was because his kids are old enough to appreciate it and he still felt young enough to do it," the Daily Express quoted him Phillips as saying. “He's told me that whatever profit he makes from these shows will go into a trust fund for his children," he added.
London (ANI): Michael Jackson decided to step out for his London tour after a 13-year gap to set up a trust fund for his kids, according to the organiser of his forthcoming gigs.