»   » 

Michael's concerts postponement not due to cancer

 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

London, (ANI): Michael Jackson's concert promoter has dismissed claims that the singer postponed the first four concerts of his comeback tour in London due to his skin cancer. AEG Live president Randy Phillips said that the delay had 'absolutely nothing' to do with the King of Pop's health.

"I would trade my body for his tomorrow. He's in fantastic shape," the BBC quoted him as saying. Phillips said the dates had been rescheduled to ensure fans could 'get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.'

Creative director, Kenny Ortega further added that the original schedule left little room for dress rehearsals, saying: "It just wasn't practical for safety reasons and professional reasons. These choices were made purely based on the practical needs and the responsible needs of putting up a first class production."

Jackson was due to kick off a much-awaited 50-show run at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena on July 8. The opening night of his This Is It UK tour has been pushed to July 13, while three other gigs, previously slated for July 10, 12 and 14, will not be staged until March next year.

Best of 2014

Latest Photos

Go to : Latest Photos