The rock band"s 1994 track 'Live Forever" has topped the greatest songs of all time list, with three of their songs figuring in the top four. It"s 'Don't Look Back In Anger" and 'Wonderwall" songs also made it to the third and the fourth spot in the poll, reports the Telegraph.
The Killers' single Mr Brightside – which only made it to number 10 in the UK charts in 2004 – was number two in the vote. Joy Division"s 'Love Will Tear Us Apart" came at the fifth spot.
The poll was conducted by countdown broadcast by radio station Xfm. Xfm teamed up with radio stations from around the world, including KROQ (Los Angeles) and Triple J (Sydney) to put together the international chart.
The Top 10 are:
1. Live Forever – Oasis
2. Mr Brightside – The Killers
3. Don''t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
4. Wonderwall – Oasis
5. Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
6. I Am The Resurrection – The Stone Roses
7. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
8. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
9. Bitter Sweet Symphony – Verve
10.Plug In Baby – Muse
London (ANI): English rock band Oasis might be going through a rough patch, but its popularity is reaching new heights – one of their early singles has been named the greatest song of all time in a new poll.