Paying tribute to the king of pop, DJ Trevor Nelson said there would probably never be another album like it. "Thriller was innovative, groundbreaking and is timeless. I don't think there will be another album like it - ever," the Daily Star quoted him, as saying.
In the poll, conducted by music channel MTV, Craig David's ''Born To Do It'' came second. Craig, now 27, admitted that he was ''amazed'' at his album's position. “I am incredibly proud - it''s an amazing achievement when you look at the other albums," he said.
Rockers Guns N'' Roses landed the third spot with 1987''s ''Appetite for Destruction'', which sold 28m copies. Radiohead''s ''OK Computer'' came fourth and Nirvana''s ''Nevermind'' rounded off the top five.
The MTV poll included albums dating back to 1981, the year it launched. The Greatest Albums of all Time (since 1981):
1. Michael Jackson - Thriller
2. Craig David - Born To Do It
3. Guns''nRoses - Appetite for Destruction
4. Radiohead - OK Computer
5. Nirvana - Nevermind
6. Oasis - (What''s the Story) Morning Glory?
7. Oasis - Definitely Maybe
8. U2 - The Joshua Tree
9. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That''s What I''m Not
10. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black