»   »   » Courtney Love offered £108m for Nirvana's haunted music

Courtney Love offered £108m for Nirvana's haunted music

Courtney Love
London (ANI): Rocker Courtney Love has reportedly been planning to sell her 75 percent stake in Nirvana's back catalogue because it is 'haunted". The Hole frontwoman inherited the band's publishing rights when her husband and Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain killed himself in 1994.

She sold off 25 per cent of the End of Music catalogue in 2006, pocketing 33.35 million pounds. However, Love wants to offload her remaining 75 per cent share after becoming convinced the royalty payments she receives are 'cursed". She insisted the decision was motivated by emotions, not financial gain, because she simply wants to move on from the Cobain tragedy.

"Courtney thinks the catalogue comes with too many memories. It's haunted," the Daily Express quoted a source as saying. According to the New York Daily News, Love has been offered a whopping 108 million pounds for her majority stake in Nirvana's back catalogue. Executives at Evergreen Capital have reportedly stepped up with the big money offer.

Read more about: courtney love, nirvana, kurt cobain, hole
Please Wait while comments are loading...

Latest Photos

Go to : Latest Photos