He continued: "For group leader Nicole Scherzinger it marks an even more remarkable year as she's become one of the most photographed celebrities around. In the last few years we've seen Natalie Cassidy from Eastenders and model Kelly Brooke with Strictly Come Dancing dancer Flavia become the UK's fitness DVD gurus, but this is the first time we've ever had a pop group take the No1 spot."
Choreographer Robin Antin designed the workout. "During January, keep fit DVDs are so popular they even outsell many Hollywood blockbuster films as people look to start the new year by getting themselves in shape by exercising at home," Metcalfe added.
The top 10 selling fitness DVDs at Tesco are:
1. Pussycat Dolls - The Pussycat Dolls Workout
2. Davina McCall - Fit
3. Ministry Of Sound - Pump It Up
4. Hannah Waterman - Body Blitz
5. Tracey Anderson - Mat Workout
6. Coleen Nolan - Let's Get Physical
7. Trudie Styler - Mind, Body, Fitness
8. A Fame Dance Workout
9. Jessie Wallace - Look At Me Now Workout
10. Rosemary Conley - Real Results For Real Women Workout