Vel, the Surya-Asin starrer enjoys the undisputable top position among all the post-Deepavali films in Tamil film industry Box Office. This mass masala has the right mix of all necessary ingredients to entertain the viewers and the producer. All the distributors and exhibitors are almost got back their investment within the short span of three weeks after the film's release.
Balaji Shakthivel's Kalloori opened big, but the tempo is getting slow in the next week as the film fails to fulfill the expectation of the viewers. Polladhavan, considered as the surprise Deepavali hit starring Dhanush, is almost taken out of all the suburban theaters. Though the films Onbathu Roobai Nottu and Evano Oruvan considered as good movies, but did not worked out well in the Box Office.
The Post-Diwali list of top-five in Tamil film industry:
- Vel: Director-Hari. Once again director Hari proved himself as a profit guaranteed director and Vel is his eighth successful film in a row. The film is still doing well in all centers and some of the shows in the week days find full house in the mega malls like Abirami and INOX.
- Kalloori: Director – Balaji Shakthivel. Though Kalloori is not up to the expectations of the viewers, who have already experienced the sensational roller coaster like Kadhal from the same director, the film has somehow managed with the college students and youngsters, who still have the unforgettable memories of their college days. The film got the decent crowd even in the week days too. In Abirami Megamall, 90 percent tickets were sold on the rainy Thursday. It is considered as a big record for this offbeat film!
- Onbathu Roobai Nottu: Director-Thankar Bachaan. The quality of film is excellent and the performance of veterans like Sathyaraj, Nasser and Archana is amazing. After the public preview of the film, the incoming of crowd in theaters is considerably increasing.May be, the film has all the chances to become a hit like Azhagi in coming weeks.
- Evano Oruvan: Director-Nishikanth Kamath. The making style and Seeman – Madhavan's performance are projects the film par with international standards. But the week screenplay and aimless climax make the viewers for a vexed mood.
- Oorampo: Director- Pushkar and Gayathri. Although the film about auto racers in Chennai had a very slow start because actor Arya is not a crowd puller, the light entertainer has not disappointed anyone.
Read more about: dhanush, kalloori, seeman, evano oruvan, vel, ramya, arya, sathyaraj, nasser, madhavan, balaji shakthivel, onbathu roobai nottu, asin thottumkal, nishikant kamat, gayathri