The incident was said to have happened while the actress was taking a break from shooting and was taking rest in her caravan along with her father, maid and make-up man. But there was a gas leak in the air-conditioning vent of the vehicle that made her breathless and she fainted.
All the four were rushed to the hospital 25 km away from the set. Asin, her father and her maid were given immediate medical treatment, and after ensuring there was no lasting damage, the doctors discharged them. Asin on returning back took rest and continued her shooting.