Yuvan Shankar Raja has finally broken his silence over his conversion to the Islam religion. He has also opened up on his marriage with Shilpa Mohan heading towards the divorce. In an interview to a leading daily, the music director has spoken in length about it.
Find the key points of the statement on his decision to convert to the Islam below:
1) Yuvan Shankar Raja has said that his father legendary Illayaraaja is a staunch Hindu and very spiritual. Even his late mother was an ardent follower of the Hinduism.
2) Yuvan never liked to see the God in any one form and he had this thought since his childhood.
3) He admits that the sudden demise of his mother forced him turn spiritual and eventually find the faith in the Islam.
4) His friend, who had returned from Mecca, gave him the prayer mat and asked the music director to use it when he was feeling heavy in the heart.
5) He started practising the prayer in 2012. He decided to convert by January 2014.
6) He has not changed his name officially but he could convert to the Islam in the future.
7) Illayaraaja was not too happy with Yuvan Shankar Raja about his decision to embrace the Islam.
8) His brother and sister-in-law supported his decision. Continue reading on the slideshow to know what he said about his relationship is heading towards the divorce...