Yuvan Shankar Raja has finally broken his silence over his conversion to the Islam religion. He has also opened up on his marriage with Shilpa Mohan heading towards the divorce. In an interview to a leading daily, the music director has spoken in length about it.
Find the key points of the statement on his decision to convert to the Islam below:
1) Yuvan Shankar Raja has said that his father legendary Illayaraaja is a staunch Hindu and very spiritual. Even his late mother was an ardent follower of the Hinduism.
2) Yuvan never liked to see the God in any one form and he had this thought since his childhood.
3) He admits that the sudden demise of his mother forced him turn spiritual and eventually find the faith in the Islam.
4) His friend, who had returned from Mecca, gave him the prayer mat and asked the music director to use it when he was feeling heavy in the heart.
5) He started practising the prayer in 2012. He decided to convert by January 2014.
6) He has not changed his name officially but he could convert to the Islam in the future.
7) Illayaraaja was not too happy with Yuvan Shankar Raja about his decision to embrace the Islam.
8) His brother and sister-in-law supported his decision. Continue reading on the slideshow to know what he said about his relationship is heading towards the divorce...
He took the nuptial knots again at the age of 30 to Shilpa Mohan in 2011. Now, he is set to end this relationship too. But he adds that he likes to get married again.
Yuvan Shankar Raja feels that he should give more time to his relationship. He works in 10 movies a year and this keeps him busy.
"I feel very lonely and would like to get married again and have a family. The main problem with me is that I need to give more time to my relationship. I do minimum 10 films every year and I'm always preoccupied," the Times of India quotes Yuvan as saying.
Yuvan, in the same interview, has said that he helps struggling people. There are instances of him doing films for free.