»   » 

Miraculous escape for 'Saathii Re' cast

 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Monday, June 04, 2007

It is certainly a huge loss for the producers for 'Saathi Re'. The entire set of Rawal house at Magnum studios in Andheri has perished in a major inferno that engulfed the premises on Friday afternoon. Luckily there was no casualty as the incident occurred when a part of the cast was shooting on the third floor of the studio!

"I was taking a nap in the make-up room which is on the ground floor. Suddenly the air conditioner went off and I woke up. I went out of the room and there was black smoke all around," says Parakh Madan aka Suman in 'Saathi Re'.

There was fire at the first floor and as a rule of nature; it engulfed the upper floors soon. The actors of 'Saathi Re' were on the third floor and they had difficulty coming down to safety. "The production team tried to use fire extinguishers, but it would not work. With great difficulty the actors were brought to safety," informs Parakh.
The fire was so over-powering that three fire brigades had to be called to douse it. The actors watched helplessly as the fire tenders tried to extinguish the fire. "I cannot understand what is going to happen. I will call the producer at night to know what is going to be done," says a confused Parakh.

By the grace of God, no one was hurt and things could have turned worse.

Topics: saathi re, actress parakh madan

Bollywood Photos