She has won a million hearts with her role of Sandhya in ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ on Indian Television. Meet Deepika Singh, the charming, demure TV actor who has been responsible for gaining the highest TRPs currently for her show! On the eve of her 25th birthday on July 26, let’s get to know some interesting tidbits about her!
• Many do not know that Deepika Singh is a Masters in Business Administration in Marketing from Punjab Technical University. Despite her degree, she joined her father’s garment business in Karol Bagh which was then, facing losses!
• Deepika hails from a Rajput family. No wonder, she loves her traditional Chole Bhature!
• Deepika was a studious student and was hungry for degrees in various academics! Deepika has faced her share of struggle with no work in hand at a time! Sometimes she drank only milk and ate nothing at night and slept! However, she never wanted to do a 9 to 5 job. Hence she gave her first audition in Delhi for ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ and got selected too!
• Deepika admits that it was not ‘love at first sight’ for her and the director and now, husband Rohit Raj Goyal grew closer over a period of time.
• This Leo loves to indulge in spa treatments whenever she gets free from her shootings for her serial.
• Her favourite travel destination is the UK and is a self-claimed loner.
• This fun-loving is a huge fan of Irfan Khan and Manoj Bajpai! On television she wishes to act with Ram Kapoor and hottie Barun Sobti.
• She is mesmerized by ghazals by Rahet Fateh Ali Khan and loves listening to contemporary and hip-hop music.
• Deepika is not brand conscious and loves anything which gives her a good fit!
• Deepika cooks at times and learnt to cook rajma, dal fry and vegetable curries by watching online videos!
Deepika seems like a dark horse of the Telly industry; slowly and steadily she seems geared up for challenging roles! Here’s wishing the sweet Deepika a.k.a Sandhya Bhindini a very Happy Birthday!