- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Priyanka Chopra's Blazer Dress Memes Will Make You Burst Out With Laughter!
- Priyanka Chopra Secretly Got Married? A Mangalsutra On Her Wrist Is Making Us Curious!
Actress Priyanka Chopra, who plays the role of Olympic bronze medallist MC Mary Kom, says she has not tried to imitate the boxer on screen as her focus was on representing Mary's spirit and personality.
"We did not want to imitate her. We are making a Hindi film and we wanted the reach of the film to be wide. I am speaking a lot more in Hindi than Mary speaks and not in Manipuri. And I knew my face would never look like her we did prosthetics and lot of test. I don't look like Mary. I don't have the features like her, but I have given blood and soul for this film to make sure I represent Mary's spirit and her personality to the best of my ability," Priyanka said in an interview here.
"Sanjay sir (Sanjay Leela Bhansali, producer of the film) said the film had to be about the spirit of Mary Kom and the story needs to be told. The fighting spirit of Mary is there in the film. Mary has seen the film and she has cried at some places...situations. She has given me her affirmation. For me, that is the biggest test won. Audience is god. They will decide the fate of the film," she said.
'Mary Kom' is being touted as one of the much-awaited films of the year, though Priyanka says she never keeps any expectations from her films.
"I never keep expectations from my film. I believe in destiny... I feel destiny and hard work go hand in hand. You can do the best and leave the rest. Every film has its own destiny. Of course I want people to love the film and get inspired. The film has personally inspired me a lot," Priyanka said.
"I am promoting the film because it needs promotion. But if I don't talk about the film then how will people know about the film and her. I promote all my films irrespective of whether they will do well or not. I believe in commitment. For me, every film of mine is my 'Mughal-E-Azam'. None of them will get less or more (attention) from me. I enjoy the process of film and the work that goes behind it," she said.