TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
What wrong with Sunday? It's a well-made, entertaining joyride. But the 30% - 40% opening was simply unexpected. A very prominent distributor/exhibitor feels [and rightly so!] that the movie-going segment that favorsWill things improve? Let's wait-n-watch! movieplexes today is the youth and Ajay Devgan's popularity has declined over the years in this segment. Partly because Ajay has been seen in similar kind of movies/roles [serious].
Ajay needs to experiment with romance and comedy -- something that Akshay realized a few years ago and changed lanes quickly. Often labeled a 'stunt hero' not too long back, Akshay is now considered a romantic hero who works big time in comedies. That, in turn, has resulted in his ratings soaring upwards, nationally and internationally. This is what I also conveyed to Rohit Shetty, director of Sunday, who also happens to be a close friend of Ajay's.
Sunday picked up on Friday evening, shot upwards on Saturday [26th January was a National holiday], was on the plus side on Sunday, but Monday onwards, has registered a steep fall. Frankly, Sunday deserved a better fate and a better run. The only hope is that the coming days aren't really crowded with biggies. There's Jodhaa Akbar on 15th February. Till then, Sunday can catch up if the audience gets into the mood of visiting theatres.