TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
It has achieved what no Bollywood movie before it has done. Raj Kumar Hirani directed movie 3 Idiots starring actor Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Boman Irani, Sharman Joshi and Madhavan has become the first movie in the history of Bollywood to cross the 300 Crore mark. 3 Idiots has grossed in Rs 315 crores globally in the 19 days since its release.
In an official statement Reliance BIG Entertainment, chairman, Amit Khanna said that "3 Idiots has opened new vistas for the Indian film industry. The huge response across continents reinforces our belief that a well-made, well-exploited film can still create magic in the darkened auditorium. We are proud to be associated with Vinod, Aamir, Raju and the talented team of 3 Idiots"
3 Idiots is well past the 260 Crores Ghajini which also starred Aamir Khan had grossed in it's entire run. Trade analysts say that the movie might register some more records as it is still not showing signs of any major slowdown. More than 60 million people have so far watched the film globally in theatres since its release.
The paid previews 3 Idiots alone had garnered over Rs 9 crore worldwide, above those of the paid preview collections of Ghajini that were Rs 7 crore globally. Aamir's disappearing act before the release of the movie had worked in it's favour as it has created optimum hype around the movie. 3 Idiots also had seen the widest release for a Bollywood movie screening at 2126 screens including 366 screens worldwide.