TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Besides getting positive reviews from film critics, Talaash, which was released in 2,500 screens on November 30, opened to a wonderful response on Friday. A good word of mouth took its business upwards in the following days. The movie collected Rs 47.1 crores nett at the domestic Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 13.5 cr on Fri, Rs 15.5 cr on Sat and Rs 18.1 cr on Sun.
The business of Talaash dropped by 55% on Monday and it continued to fall on the following weekdays too. Usually every film shows some amount of dip in its collection on weekdays, but this movie had a big fall when compared to other biggies. The Aamir-Kareena-Rani starrer added Rs 22.46 crores on weekdays to its first week total Rs 69.56 crores nett. Its breakup is Rs 6.74 cr on Mon, Rs 5.72 cr on Tue, Rs 5.15 cr on Wed and Rs 4.85 cr on Thu.
Aamir Khan's last release 3 Idiots had raked in Rs 42 crores nett from 1,600 screens at the domestic Box Office in its four-day-extended first weekend. Whereas Talaash shattered this record in just three days, but it has failed to smash the first week collection record of 3 Idiots, which had raked in Rs 80 crores nett in its opening week.
However, Talaash is expected to cross Rs 100 crore mark at the Indian Box Office in the second weekend. But the movie is facing a big threat from Akshay Kumar and Asin starrer film Khiladi 786, which has released in 2,786 screens in India today. It should be seen whether it will cross the mark or not.
Stay locked to this space to read updates on it.