TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Barring Joker, Akshay Kumar has scored three big hits Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore and OMG! Oh My God in 2012. This huge success had created a lot of hype around his Khiladi 786, which released in 2,786 screens in the country on December 7. Besides this, Khiladi 786 also marks his comeback to action as well as Khiladi series after 12 years. The audiences were very curious to watch the movie.
Khiladi 786 opened to a very good response at single screens, where it registered an average of 90% occupancy. But it had average footfalls in the multiplexes audience across the country. The movie witnessed growth in its collection on the following days, but it was not up to the expected level.
Akshay Kumar and Asin starrer movie, which was affected by Talaash, raked in Rs 34.30 cr at the domestic Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 10.40 cr on Fri, Rs 11.15 cr on Sat and Rs 12.75 cr on Sun. The film was expected to cross Rs 50 crore mark at the desi collection centres, but it failed to do so.
Khiladi 786 witnessed a drop of 50% in its business on Monday. And the masala entertainer continued to drop at the desi collection centres on the following days. The movie added Rs 52.55 crores nett at the desi Box Office in the first week. Its weekdays' breakup is Rs 5.50 cr on Mon, Rs 4.9 cr on Tue, Rs 4.1 on Wed and Rs 3.90 cr on Thu.
However, the makers of Khiladi 786, which bagged mixed reviews from film critics, had a huge amount of promotions. Besides promoting it on TV, Akshay Kumar and Asin had also visited several metros for its publicity. But both promotions and hype surrounding the movie have failed to yield good results.