TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Bombay Talkies has in 3 days grossed Rs 78 million GBO (gross box office) in its opening weekend where business climbed rapidly inspite of competition from other releases. The film's growth at the box office was sturdy as the business trebled through the weekend with each day witnessing major support via strong word of mouth and recommendations. Made on a shoe-string budget of Rs. 6.0 cr and marketed intelligently, the satellite, music and overseas rights of the film will ensure that the film gets into the profit zone quickly.
The buzz on Bombay Talkies started well in advance as some of the most well known B-Town celebrities had come forward in support and appreciation of the movie. Critics and social media gave two thumbs-up to the film in early screenings leading to wide-spread anticipation. The constant positive feedback from audiences and media proves further that the film will see a consistent performance at the box office in the coming days.
The icing on the cake is the film's official selection at The Cannes Film Festival 2013 where Bombay Talkies will see its international premiere happen at a Grand Gala screening on May 19th. This honour will further help the film's business in global markets as it sees a staggered international roll-out.