TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Kai Po Che, which had massive promotions, opened to a superb response at the multiplexes across the country when compared to single screens. The Abhishek Kapoor directed-movie showed a huge growth on Saturday and Sunday. It collected approximately Rs 18.10 crores nett at the domestic Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 4.50 cr on Fri, Rs 6.25 cr on Sat and Rs 7.35 cr on Sun.
When everyone was thinking that its business would go down on weekdays, Kai Po Che maintained rock-steady collections. The movie registered very good amount of occupancy on Monday and its footfalls were almost equal to that of its opening day. On weekdays, it has collected Rs 11.4 crores, taking its first week total to Rs 29.50 crores nett. Its breakup is Rs 3.25 cr on Mon, Rs 2.95 cr on Tue, Rs 2.70 cr on Wed and Rs 2.50 cr on Thu.
However, two much-awaited movies like The Attacks of 26/11 and I, Me aur Main have released in theatres today and they are expected to slow down its business. But Taran Adarsh says that it will once again top the chart in the second weekend. The Bollywood trade analyst tweets, "Update: #KaiPoChe expected to dominate the domestic BO for the second consecutive weekend, as per early trends."