TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Telangana Elections: Restrictions Imposed On Campaign Time In Naxal Belts
- Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: Best Tariff Plans Under Rs 200
- Road Rage In India: Video Of A Man On Top Of A Running Car Becomes Viral!
- DeepVeer's Mumbai Wedding Reception Will Be A Grand Affair
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- India vs West Indies: The Five Key Takeaways
Actor Ram Charan Teja has become a superstar in a very short span of time in South India and he expected to repeat the same in North with his debut Hindi film Zanjeer, which is a remake of Amitabh Bachchan's 1973 film with the same name. But the film goers have rejected him out right. Hence, his action thriller has stooped down before its rival Shuddh Desi Romance with a poor collection at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend.
Being one of the most-hyped and highly-anticipated movies of the year, Zanjeer was expected to start with a bang. But it had a very poor opening, leading to low collection at the Indian Box Office on Friday. When everyone was hoping that it would have a big leap, the movie slipped down by nearly 30% on Saturday. Its business grew up on Sunday, but it was not upto the mark.
Released in 2,085 screens across the country, Zanjeer collection was expected to be double of its competitor - Shuddh Desi Romance, which has a limited release of 1,050 screens. But the Ram Charan and Priyanka starrer has collected Rs 9.74 crores nett at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend, while the latter minted Rs 23.45 crores nett in three days. Its breakup is Rs 3.58 cr on Fri, Rs 2.89 cr on Sat and Rs 3.27 cr on Sun.