- Tiger Zinda Hai Monday (4 Days) Box Office Collection! Salman Khan's Film Is UNSTOPPABLE
- Secret Superstar & Golmaal Again: Monday Box Office Collection!
- Jab Harry Met Sejal First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Mubarakan First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Jagga Jasoos First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! NOT THAT BAD!
- Box Office Report! Salman Khan's Tubelight Finally Crosses Rs 100 Crore Mark!
- Box Office Update! Dangal Becomes The First Indian Film To Earn Rs 2000 Crore
- Tubelight First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection! LOWER THAN EXPECTED!
- Tubelight Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection! DECENT!
- Tubelight BOX OFFICE Prediction! Will Salman Khan's Film Cross Rs 100 Crore In The First Weekend?
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! IMPRESSIVE!
- Half Girlfriend & Hindi Medium Monday (4 Days) Box Office Collection: Unexpected!
Aamir Khan's PK has managed to win over the viewers and the critics, a rare occurrence that was possible only because of Rajkumar Hirani's direction and brilliant performances from the cast of the film.
PK released in over 5000 odd screens in India and over 820 screens overseas. The screen count is definitely more than Aamir's last movie Dhoom 3 which released in 4,500 screens in India and 800 abroad. Most of the big movies this year like Salman Khan's Kick, Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year and Hrithik Roshan's Bang Bang released in over 5,000 screens worldwide.
Owing to the large screen count and good reviews from audience and critics, the movie was expected to gross over Rs 30 crores on it's opening day. Even though it was a working day for most of the companies the morning shows of PK saw 50-70% occupancy and the evening and night shows were totally booked, especially in Bangalore.
But sadly the movie grossed just about Rs 26.63 crores, which is very less compared to the predictions made. Also it failed to beat Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year record which had grossed over Rs 44.97 crores.
The theatre owners opened advance booking for PK from Monday it self, owing to which the night shows for Friday were 80% booked by Thursday itself. So it does come as a surprise why the movie failed to gross record breaking collections.
According to trade experts Aamir may not even beat his own Dhoom 3 Box Office collection records. As they feel that the response they received for Dhoom 3 was so much more than PK, "Had the film got a reception like "Dhoom 3", the film would have made a record-breaking business in Bengaluru on the first day," said a trade expert.
Take a look at the viewers opinion on the movie...
PK yet again proves that Rajkumar Hirani is the best director of our country...it's undoubtedly Aamir Khans best performance to date....#PK
Loved #PK Movie..Thanks to @aamir_khan sir @RajkumarHirani sir and Team for the movie & for the values
Finally a Hindi film where people r talking about quality of film rather than box office numbers. Thank you @aamir_khan @RajkumarHirani #pk
#PK is a very good film. Aamir Khan is outstanding, @AnushkaSharma is flawless and @itsSSR is superb! Wish he was more there in the movie.
Aall Izz Well with #PK till interval and then it's a bumpy ride. Not entirely a bhaste of time though. Hirani's weakest is better than most.
Sarita A Tanwar
Ignored fever and doctor's "two day bed rest " order and came for the 10.30am show of #PK interval now. LOVING it.
Congratulations to #ViddhuVinodChopra n team for a marvelous film. Book your ticket to #PK fast and welcome the change in your life
#PK could not have been better timed.This film i hope redefines the 'MINDSCAPE' of #India. @RajkumarHirani @AnushkaSharma @aamir_khan
But it's not upto the expectations. Subject of #PK is old. It reminds you Akshay Kumar's #OhMyGod. It doesn't have repetitive value.
#pk as a character wouldn't had been possible without perfectionist @aamir_khan & the film wouldn't be without excellence of @RajkumarHirani