- Tiger Zinda Hai Monday (4 Days) Box Office Collection! Salman Khan's Film Is UNSTOPPABLE
- Secret Superstar & Golmaal Again: Monday Box Office Collection!
- Jab Harry Met Sejal First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Mubarakan First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Jagga Jasoos First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! NOT THAT BAD!
- Box Office Report! Salman Khan's Tubelight Finally Crosses Rs 100 Crore Mark!
- Box Office Update! Dangal Becomes The First Indian Film To Earn Rs 2000 Crore
- Tubelight First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection! LOWER THAN EXPECTED!
- Tubelight Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collection! DECENT!
- Tubelight BOX OFFICE Prediction! Will Salman Khan's Film Cross Rs 100 Crore In The First Weekend?
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection! IMPRESSIVE!
- Half Girlfriend & Hindi Medium Monday (4 Days) Box Office Collection: Unexpected!
When PK was expected to gross more than Rs 35 crores, it disappointed the makers and the trade analysts by grossing just Rs 26.63 on the opening day. But gradually due to good reviews and word of mouth promotions, the collections picked up over the weekend and the movie ended up grossing over Rs 30.34 crores on Saturday and Rs 38.44 crores on Sunday.
The three days total Box Office collection came up to Rs 95.21 and made it to the second highest grossing first weekend collections of 2014, one spot behind Happy New Year. Also in just three days of PK's release, it reached number 9 spot on Top 10 Bollywood Movies of 2014.
All these good appreciations helped the movie to have a good start in it's first week as well. The weekdays business just dropped by over 25-30%, grossing over Rs 21.22 crores on Monday. This brought the four days total in the domestic market to Rs 116.63 crores. Tuesday 's collections have also been good and not taken a drastic fall.
According to trade experts the film has grossed Rs 18.85 crores bringing the five days total Box Office collection to Rs 135.28 crores.
As of 21st December, PK had collected over Rs 42.96 crores at the overseas Box Office market, adding the latest collections of Monday and Tuesday the film would have easily grossed over Rs 65 crores approximately.
This would bring the worldwide collections to Rs 200 crores at the end of just five days. Tomorrow being a national holiday for Christmas may help the film to get close to first week business of Dhoom 3.
Check out some unknown facts about the movie...
Story Of PK Rewritten
Rajkumar Hirani himself revealed how he had written the story of Pk from heart but a friend revealed that it is very similar to the Hollywood film Incision and so Hirani had to work on the script of the film all over again.
Second Hand Clothes
The film's team gathered clothes from the public and offered them new shirts in return. These old and worn clothes is what Aamir Khan worn in the film.
Five Years Of PK
The film was stuck for five years owing to it's similarities with a Hollywood flick and also it's name. The various names before finalizing on PK was Ek Tha Talli, Talli and Peekay.
100 Paans In A Day
Aamir Khan use to eat almost a 100 paans in day in order to get the look of the character right. A paanwala had even set a shop permanently on the sets of PK film.
Hirani had like Anushka's performance in Band Baaja Baraat so when he met the actress while she had come to audition for the leas role opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Rockstar, Hirani offered her PK film and cast her immediately.
The film created the record of releasing in the largest number of screens i.e 5200 in India and 820 overseas.
Hirani is known to keep weird names for the lead characters in his film. In 3 Idiots he has kept Aamir's name as Ranchoddas Shyamaldas Chanchad.
Transistor Worth 2 Crores
The transistor that you see with Aamir was bought in Mumbai's Chor Bazaar for Rs 227 but on it was bid online, people offered closed to Rs 1.5-2 crores for it.
Burnt Up Scenes
A few months ago when a fire broke out in Lotus Business Park, PK's special effects scenes got destroyed in it. There was no back up too so the team had to rework on all those scenes again.
Nude Poster Inspiration
In 1973, a Portuguese musician named Quim Barreiros posed the same way to promote his album. Looks like makers of PK took inspiration from here.