TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Bollywood movie Dedh Ishqiya starring Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah in leads, has concluded the first week with superb collection at the worldwide Box Office. Having recovered its production cost in its first weekend, the sequel to hit comedy thriller Ishqiya has earned a smart amount of profit share of Rs 10 crore in seven days. It has become the first hit Hindi film of the year 2014.
Dedh Ishqiya has collected Rs 19.64 crores nett at the Indian Box Office in the first week. Its seven-day breakup is Rs 2.72 cr on Fri, Rs 3.74 cr on Sat, Rs 4.90 cr on Sun, Rs 1.94 cr on Mon, Rs 2.84 cr on Tue, Rs 1.88 cr on Wed and Rs 1.62 cr on Thu. The movie has raked in Rs 5.39 crores nett ($876,000) at the Overseas Box Office in its opening week. Its seven day global total stands at Rs 25.03 crores nett.
Ishqiya, which was released on 29 January 2010, had achieved both critical as well as commercial success. Which is why its sequel - Dedh Ishqiya has been creating positive buzz ever since it was announced. Adding more fuel to its hype and expectations were its promos, which had soared up the viewers' curiosity to the sky high. Trade analyst had predicted that it would start with a bang at the Box Office.
But the calculations of the analysts proved wrong with Dedh Ishqiya getting average opening. The business of the Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah starrer got affected by South Indian films 1: Nenokkadine, Yevadu, Veeram and Jilla not only in India, but also in the international markets. However, the movie showed good improvements in its collection on the following days of the week.