- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- Did Neetu Indirectly Blame Deepika & Katrina Kaif For Their Failed Relationship With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Deepika Padukone Reveals It All; Her Favorite Food To Her Favorite Emoji!
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Special Treatment From Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh; Wedding Fixed On Nov 12
- Deepika Padukone Was Asked To Get A BOOB JOB Done To Be Picked Up By Bollywood Producers!
- Deepika Padukone To Step Into Sridevi's Shoes For A Remake?
Deepika Padukone is the reigning queen of Bollywood with record number of blockbuster hits and some really big budget movies in the making. The actress who just launched the first song of her upcoming movie, Finding Fanny said that she will not do cameo roles in Bollywood, and why should she? Unless the actress has a worthy role deserving her high stature, the actress need not resort to doing cameo roles in movies.
Deepika Padukone is said to be charging a staggering amount of fee for her role as female lead in movies, if rumours are to be believed then she is charging somewhere around Rs 15 crores. The actress who was just a random model in Bangalore, within no time has reached a level where she is being called the reigning queen of Bollywood.
The actress was born in Copenhagen and raised in Bangalore. Deepika Padukone was born on January 05, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark, at the age of 11 months she moved to Mangalore, Karnataka. Deepika Padukone is the eldest daughter of legendary Badminton player Prakash Padukone. During the early '80s Prakash was the World No.1 in Badminton. Deepika's mother is a travel agent and Deepika has a younger sister, Anisha.
The actress at the beginning of her career was said to be dating a struggling model by the name Nihar Pandya, she later got into a serious committed relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor. But after a bad break up and a regrettable tattoo in his name, the actress finally moved on and found love in Ranveer Singh's arms.
The actress's journey from Bangalore to Bollywood is definitely inspiring and here I have unraveled her inspiring journey which is a must read for all. Take a look and get inspired!
While Deepika was in her school, she went for training in classical dance form Bharat Natyam.
As a teenager she played badminton in national level championships, but left her career in sports to become a fashion model.
At the age of just 17 years she appeared on the ramp for the first time.
In the year 2006 Idea Zee F Award ceremonies, Deepika Padukone won accolades in the categories of Female Model of the Year and Fresh Face of the Year.
Debut In Films
She soon received offers for film roles, and made her acting debut in 2006 as the titular character of the Kannada film Aishwarya.
Shifted Base To Mumbai
At the age of 21, Padukone relocated to Mumbai and stayed at her aunt's home. That year, she gained wider recognition by featuring in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya's song "Naam Hai Tera." This where Farah Khan took notice of Deepika and offered her first movie.
Deepika then played dual roles in her first Bollywood release-the 2007 blockbuster Om Shanti Om-and won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Deepika supposedly owns a snazzy apartment worth Rs 16 crore, in BeauMonde Towers (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) which was gifted to her by ex-boyfriend and son of Liquor baron Vijay Mallya- Sidharth Mallya.
Deepika was first offered Happy New Year as her debut movie but it did not take off and she was instead cast in Om Shanti Om. Today finally Happy New Year is being made and we can't wait to find out what her debut would have otherwise been.
She owns three luxury cars, has a record of 5 back to back hit films, started her own fashion brand, has hottie Ranveer Singh as a lover and is ruling the Bollywood industry. What more can one ask for?
She has three releases this year- Finding Fanny, Happy New Year and Tamasha.