- Plot Of Rangoon, Starring Saif, Shahid & Kangana Revealed!
- The Same Team Of Haider is Back With Talvar This Year
- Wow! Irrfan Khan Will Work With This Actress In His Next Movie
- Shahid Kapoor's Wife Mira Rajput To Star In AK vs SK?
- Why Is Saif Ali Khan Insecure About Working With Shahid Kapoor In Rangoon?
- SHOCKER: Shahid Kapoor To Quit Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8 Soon?
- IIFA 2015 Technical Awards Complete Winners List
- Shraddha Kapoor Sizzling Photoshoot For Cosmopolitan
- IIFA 2015: 'Haider' Tops Technical Winners' List
- IIFA Awards 2015 Complete Nominations List Revealed
- I Am So So Happy: Shahid On Five National Awards For Haider
- Anupam Kher Slams Haider Director On National Awards Dedication
- Tiger Zinda Hai Monday (4 Days) Box Office Collection! Salman Khan's Film Is UNSTOPPABLE
Haider film starring Shahid Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor and directed by Vishal Bhardwaj takes a bigger dip at the Indian Box Office. The trade experts had calculated the film to gross Rs 3-4 crores on Tuesday, and it happened as predicted.
The film which has managed to win over so many people is struggling to conquer the Box Office. With bad reviews, Bang Bang is minting money where as Haider is not. The film is liked and getting good response in metro cities compared to anywhere else. It has not fared well in the mass circuit regions, where people opted for the other movie.
Haider got a decent opening with Rs 6.14 crores on the day of its release, after which it had a steady performance with the collections fluctuating between Rs 6-7 crores. One of the major reasons for low collection is the screen count which Haider got only 1200 and the rest of the 5000 odd screens around the world were occupied by Bang Bang.
Haider in spite of all this managed to do well keeping in mind its low budget and the fact that the film is for a niche audience. Here is the day to day break down of the Haider collections; Thursday: Rs 6.14 crores, Friday: Rs 6.93 crores, Saturday: Rs 6.38 crores, Sunday: Rs 7.33 crores, Monday: Rs 5.03 crores and Tuesday: Rs 3.59 crores. Adding to this Wednesday's Box Office collection of around Rs 3 crores, the total Box Office collection in the domestic market is somewhere around Rs 35.4 crores.
Here is a break up of Haider box office collection outside India as well: North America (USA and Canada): Rs 4.2 crores, United Kingdom: Rs 1.03 crores, United Arab Emirates / G.C.C.: Rs 2.14 crores and Australia: Rs 0.56 crores.
Adding this, the worldwide box office collections of Haider will approximately be Rs 43.33 crores. Read below to know what some of the leading publications thought about Shahid, Shraddha starrer Haider.
Haider review: Shahid, Tabu mesmerise in Vishal Bhardwaj's best so far.
Haider: of inteqaam, azaadi and Indian propaganda- an angry brown man review.
Haider: A risky, dangerous film.
One Haider is not enough.
Bollywood review: Shahid Kapoor lends a menacing agony to the sinful 'Haider.'
Movie Review Haider: Devastatingly beautiful.
Movie review: Haider is a film you should not miss.
Movie review by Anupama Chopra: Haider is deeply stirring.
'Haider' review: Solid, well-acted movie that deserves your time.
New York Times
'Haider' Puts an Indian Twist on 'Hamlet'.