- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
- Evelyn Sharma Touches The 'Heaven' As She Holidays In Tokyo! View Pictures
- Bikini Model Sophie Burnside Can Give You Serious Holiday Goals! View Pictures
- Honeymoon Pictures! Sagarika Ghatge & Zaheen Khan Have a Beachy Time In Maldives
- Cameron Gives Up On Getting Pregnant, Ends Career Break!
- Sonakshi Sinha-Akshay Kumar To Come Back With A Romantic Flick?
- Kaththi All Set To Cross 100 Crore Mark!
- Akshay Kumar To Compete With Himself On January?
- Akshay Kumar To Airlift Next!
- Akshay Kumar's Next Film Based on Gulf War
- Kick, 2 States: 100 Crore Grossing Movies Of 2014
It was Tamil director AR Murugadoss, who first started the Rs 100 crore film club in Bollywood with his debut Hindi directorial venture Ghajini in 2008. Six years after the release of the Aamir Khan starrer, the ace filmmaker has score his second century with his second Hindi film Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty. Starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in leads, the movie has achieved this magical number at the Indian Box Office in 15 days.
Holiday is a Hindi remake of AR Murugadoss' Blockbuster Tamil movie Thuppakki, which focuses on terrorism and sleeper cells. The movie released in 3500 screens and it was a record screen count for a Akshay Kumar film. The movie expected to start with a bang and surpass Rs 100 crore mark at the Indian Box Office in the first week. Despite getting positive response, the film failed to meet the expectations of its producer. It collected Rs 68.63 crores nett in the domestic market in seven days.
The Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha needed Rs 31.37 crores to cross Rs 100 crore mark. In its second week, Holiday collected Rs 31 crores nett at the Indian Box Office and failed to reach this mark with a small margin. The movie has achieved this magical number on its third Friday on the 15th day.
Though the film was affected by new release Humshakals, Holiday has continued to make decent business in the domestic market. In its third weekend, the movie has collected Rs 5.74 crores nett at the Indian Box Office, taking its 17-day domestic total to Rs 105.47 crores nett. Its breakup is Rs 1.02 cr on Fri, Rs 1.87 cr on Sat and Rs 2.85 cr on Sun. It has become one of the Blockbuster of 2014. Continue to read more about its records in the slideshow.
Holiday - 3rd Rs 100 Crore Movie In 2014
Holiday has become the 3rd movie to join the club of Rs 100 crore Bollywood films in 2014 after Salman Khan's Jai Ho and Karan Johar's 2 States.
Holiday - 29th Hindi Film To Join Rs 100 Crore Club
So far, 28 Bollywood movies have crossed Rs 100 crore mark at the Indian Box Office and Holiday has become the 29th film to achieve this magical number.
Holiday - 3rd Rs 100 Crore Movie For Akshay Kumar
Holiday has become the 3rd movie for Superstar Akshay Kumar to cross Rs 100 crore at the Indian Box Office after Rowdy Rathore and Housefull 2.
Holiday - 5th Rs 100 Crore Movie For Sonakshi Sinha
Holiday has become the 5th movie for actress Sonakshi Sinha to cross Rs 100 crore at the Indian Box Office after Dabangg, Rowdy Rathore, Dabangg 2 and Son Of Sardar.
Holiday - 2nd Rs 100 Crore Movie For AR Murugadoss
Holiday has become the 2nd movie for AR Murugadoss to cross Rs 100 crore at the Indian Box Office after his first Hindi directorial movie Ghajini.