- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
- Evelyn Sharma Touches The 'Heaven' As She Holidays In Tokyo! View Pictures
- Bikini Model Sophie Burnside Can Give You Serious Holiday Goals! View Pictures
- Honeymoon Pictures! Sagarika Ghatge & Zaheen Khan Have a Beachy Time In Maldives
- Cameron Gives Up On Getting Pregnant, Ends Career Break!
Akshay Kumar's latest outing Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty has received decent opening and done good collection at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend. Despite releasing in a large number screens, the movie has failed to beat the record of his previous movie Rowdy Rathore and become the biggest opener for Akki. It has also failed to cross Rs 50 crore mark in the domestic market.
Riding on huge hype and expectations, Holiday released in nearly 3500 screens on June 6 and when compared to Akshay Kumar's previous movies, this number is really big for an Akki film. Considering its pre-release buzz, trade experts had predicted that it would receive an overwhelming response. But the film opened to an average start with its occupancy ranging between 45% and 50% on its opening day.
The word of mouth was expected to take the business of Holiday upwards on Saturday. It did go up, but not upto the expected mark. However, the movie had a big leap on Sunday. The film has collected Rs 41.32 crores nett at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 12.18 cr on Fri, Rs 12.34 cr on Sat and Rs 16.80 cr on Sun.
Akshay Kumar's Rowdy Rathore, which had collected Rs 48.3 crores nett from 2500 screens at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend, is his biggest opener and highest grosser in the opening weekend. Having collected Rs 40.75 crores from 2,750 theaters in the five-day-extended first weekend, his last outing Boss has had failed to beat this record.
Now, Holiday, which released in more number of cinema halls than Rowdy Rathore and Boss, was expected to beat both the records, but it has failed to become the biggest opener and highest grosser in the opening weekend for Akshay Kumar. Despite everything going in its favour, the movie has met a severe setback at the ticket counters. The makers are yet to find out the reasons for its failure.