- OMG! Shahrukh Khan To Star Opposite Tamannaah Bhatia In Next?
- Twitter Jokes On Sajid Khan That Will Make You ROFL!
- Sajid Khan Debuts On Twitter, Gets Warm Welcome
- 'Humshakals' Lead Nominations List At Golden Kela Awards
- 15 Worst And Most Bakwas Bollywood Films Of 2014
- Bang Bang To Gunday: Hyped Bollywood Films That Disappointed Us
Director Sajid Khan's latest comedy Humshakals starring Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor, Tamanna Bhatia, Esha Gupta and Bipasha Basu in the leads, has made a decent collection at the Indian Box Office in the opening weekend. It has become one of the biggest money spinners of 2014. But it has failed to beat the record of Holiday and has also failed to cross Rs 50 crore mark in three days.
Humshakals has been made with whopping budget of Rs 75 crore and its makers had done massive promotions for the film. Its promos had created lot of curiosity among the film goers. In addition, the movie released in 3500 screens, which is a record number for the director and actors' of the film. Trade experts had predicted that the movie would start with a bang and cross Rs 50 crore mark at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend.
To everyone's surprise, Humshakals registered a below average occupancy of 30% to 35% in both single screens and multiplexes in the morning shows on its opening day. But the movie showed decent growth for the later shows. The film showed jump on Saturday and Sunday too, but it was not upto the mark. It has collected Rs 40.13 crores at the Indian Box Office in the first weekend. Its breakup is Rs 12.50 cr on Fri, Rs 12.59 cr on Sat and Rs 15.04 cr on Sun.